, son of William Benedict
and Elizabeth Stephin
, was born probably shortly before his baptism at St Michael, Long Stratton, Norfolk, England
, 30 November 1617.1
He died at Norwalk, Connecticut
, before 18 March 1689/90.2
Thomas married Mary Bridgum
, daughter of John Bridgham
and Grace (---)
, at England
|Mary Bridgum b. 15 Nov 1618, d. aft. Feb 1689/90|
- Thomas Benedict2 d. 20 Nov 1688
- John Benedict+2 d. aft. 1699
- Samuel Benedict5 d. 1719
- Daniel Benedict6 d. aft. 1723
- Elizabeth Benedict2
- Mary Benedict2
- Sarah Benedict2
- Rebecca Benedict2
- James Benedict2 b. 6 Feb 1649/50, d. aft. 1717
- [S1504] LaRue Olsen, "The English Origins of the First Thomas Benedict of Long Island and Norwalk, Connecticut," Connecticut Nutmegger 39 (Dec 2006): 353-356, at 359, further cited as Olsen, "English Origins of Thomas Benedict."
- [S5] Donald Lines Jacobus, History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield, two vols. (New Haven, Connecticut: Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor, 1930-1932), 1:61-2, further cited as Jacobus, Families of Old Fairfield.
- [S1503] John Insley Coddington, "Note on Bridgham and Thomas Benedict of Norwalk," The American Genealogist 33 (April 1957): 120-121, further cited as Coddington, "Bridgham & Benedict."
- [S1872] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, 3 vols. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011), 128, further cited as Torrey, New England Marriages (2011).
- [S5] Jacobus, Families of Old Fairfield, 1:61-3.
- [S5] Jacobus, Families of Old Fairfield, 1:64.
|This person was last edited on||28 Apr 2016|