, daughter of William Johnes
and Mary (---)
, was born at Southampton, Suffolk Co., New York
, in 1741.1,2
She died at Middletown, Connecticut
, 16 May 1781,3,4
and was buried at Mortimer Cemetery, Middletown, Connecticut
Hannah married William Floyd
, son of Nicoll Floyd
and Tabitha Smith
, probably shortly after 20 August 1760, when the marriage license was issued.1,6
- [S171] George Rogers Howell, The Early History of Southampton L.I., New York with Genealogies. Revised, Corrected and Enlarged. Albany, New York: Weed, Parsons and Co., 2nd ed., 1887, 337 #10. CD-ROM reprint, Genealogy and History of the Town of Southampton, New York (http://genealogycds.com: genealogycds.com, 2007), further cited as History of Southampton.
- [S1546] "Tombstone Hunter", Find A Grave memorial #20658844, added 27 Jul 2007, online http://www.findagrave.com, accessed May 2015, further cited as Find A Grave.
- [S1959] Ancestry.com, Connecticut Church Record Abstracts, 1630-1920,, (database online at ancestry.com): Provo, Utah, 2013, 70:1:214, viewed unknown cd2, original data: Connecticut State Library, Church Records Index, Hartford, Connecticut.
- [S315] Connecticut, Charles R. Hale Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, 27:225, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah, further cited as Hale Collection.
- [S2028] Ancestry.com, Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629-1934, (on-line database), Provo, Utah:, Ancestry.com Operations, 2012, 27:225. Original data: The Charles R. Hale Collection, Hartford, Connecticut: Connecticut State Library. Hereafter cited as Hale Collection.
- [S142] E. B. O'Callaghan, compiler, Names of Persons for Whom Marriage Licenses Were Issued by the Secretary of the Province of New York Previous to 1784 (Albany, New York: Weed, Parsons and Company, 1860), 139, 207, further cited as New York Marriages.
- [S2021] Fred Pyne, William Floyd, online http://www.dsdi1776.com/members-only/william-floyd/, accessed Jun 2015, further cited as Floyd.
|This person was last edited on||26 Jul 2015|