, son of John Drake
and Lottie Shakespear
, was born probably shortly before his baptism at Hampton in Arden, Warwickshire, England
, 25 August 1616.1,2,3,4
He died at Windsor, Connecticut
, October 1688.5
John married Hannah Moore
, daughter of John Moore
, at Windsor
, 30 November 1648.6,7,8
|Hannah Moore b. say 1628, d. bef. 12 Sep 1689|
- John Drake+5 b. 14 Sep 1649, d. 7 Jul 1689
- Job Drake5 b. 15 Jun 1651
- Hannah Drake5 b. 8 Aug 1653
- Enoch Drake5 b. 8 Dec 1655
- Ruth Drake5 b. 1 Dec 1657
- Simon Drake5 b. 29 Oct 1659
- Lydia Drake5 b. 26 Jan 1661
- Elizabeth Drake5 b. 22 Jul 1664
- Mary Drake5 b. 29 Jan 1666
- Mindwell Drake5 b. 10 Nov 1671
- Joseph Drake5 b. 26 Jun 1674
- [S161] Genevieve Tylee Kiepura, "John Drake, English Connections," The American Genealogist 41 (Oct 1965): 239-244, further cited as Kiepura, "John Drake."
- [S173] Harry F. Waters, Genealogical Gleanings In England: Abstracts of Wills Relating to Early American Families, With Genealogical Notes and Pedigrees Constructed From the Wills and From Other Records (1901; reprint, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing, 1969 (1981 printing)), 1:581, further cited as Waters, Gleanings in England.
- [S401] Robert Charles Anderson, "Some Doubts About the Parentage of John1 Drake of Windsor, Connecticut," The American Genealogist 63 (October 1988): 193-206, further cited as Anderson, "Drake Origins."
- [S2116] Ancestry.com, Warwickshire, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1535-1812, (on-line database), Provo, Utah:, Ancestry.com Operations, 2011. Original data: 1538-1812 Church of England Parish Registers, Warwick, England: Warwickshire County Record Office, further cited as Warwickshire Anglican Registers.
- [S84] Alice M. Gay, The Descendants of John Drake of Windsor, Connecticut (Rutland, Vermont: Tuttle, 1933), 5-7, further cited as Gay, John Drake of Windsor.
- [S74] Robert Charles Anderson, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, CD-ROM (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2000), John Moore entry, further cited as GMB.
- [S84] Gay, John Drake of Windsor, 5.
- [S1872] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, 3 vols. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2011), 473, further cited as Torrey, New England Marriages (2011).
|This person was last edited on||16 Sep 2017|